Ballard Library, yes I actually go there and check out books.
It's a green building and has grass and other plants growning on it's roof.
Went out on Saturday night the 16th of January with Pam and our friend Fomai, whom I did not get a picture of.
GRAFITTI!! on the hill in Seattle hittin bars. Eat, Drink, and be Merry!!
another crazy cab ride. thinkin I was out with Michelle on this night

Your probably wondering what the hell this is about right?
Well, on one of my walks into Ballard I went down 20th and noticed street names in the sidewalks. I did some investigating and found out that a lot of these street names in Ballard were changed about the time city incorporated and became part of Seattle. I went back and took pictures, as these tiles in the sidewalks will not be around forever.
So......in this case 64th St (street sign pictured above) used to be North St.
63th St used be Polk St.
62nd St used to be Polk St
61st St used to be Chestnut St
For those of you that don't understand. This is what I love about living here in a big city. Diversity? Yes!
I don't know, don't care, it's kinda cool tho. The really fun part is that is the front of an old church, which makes it even more interesting.
60th St used to be Baker St
I have more but I won't bore you anylonger.
This awesome little bit of work comes to me from my good friend Torey. No, it is not one of his works of arts, but he has a great eye for finding unique things. Come to find out, it is a finger painting done by a child that he picked up at a thrift store. Such a shame that someone would donate such a work of art to a thrift store. I have admiried this at his home, back in Iowa for years and have had hinted to him that I would like to own it. But, alas he will not give it up. However he did let me take pictures of it, so I do have it in a way. Somehow it just fits in with this posting.

















No comments:
Post a Comment