Monday, April 12, 2010

The Museum of Flight

On Saturday Obadian and I went to The Museum of Flight.

Obadian is the son of my friend Michelle and my godchild. This photo was taken in front of The Red Barn, the last of the original Boeing Plant builds.


Back when I used to live here I drove by the Museum on a daily bases and stopped in often. It is located next to Boeing Feild and the Boeing Plant. Way back when the 777 was in it's test phase I got to see it take off and land at Boeing Feild. Sometimes I just watched people do the bi-plane rides and had lunch.


The new T. Evans Wyckoff Memorial Bridge can be seen through the old windows of the Red Barn.


The bridge takes you across Marginal Way to the Air Park and as you can see they have a Concorde there. More of that later tho.

We went in the new part first where they have World War II Fighters.





Then we crossed the bridge to the air park.



The Concorde from the bridge.

Looking back at the bridge and the museum.

What a beauty!
The guy at this display gave us tidbits of information about the Concorde. Only 14 were built. Tickets averaged $10,000 and it never made any money.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the door. I'm 5 ft 7 inches and had to duck to get through it. The cabin was narrow and cramped. The seats were leather but small and everything was covered in plexiglass. It was hard to take pictures of the inside but I did get a good shot of the cockpit!













The very first 747 built.

The Red Barn.
   
 The front entrance.

 The test winglet.














No comments:

Post a Comment